Every year new music comes out, sometimes you get excited and anticipate the release. Other times you discover a band new to you because of their newly released full length or E.P. 2015 was a great year for metal, we had plenty of albums, E.P.’s singles and tours that happened.
Why make a list of the “best” or the “worst” albums of the year? This is a list of our favorite albums of 2015, here you will find E.P.’s, full lengths, deathcore, black metal, death metal grind and everything in between that graced our playlist.
In no particular order these are the top albums, our favorites, and the albums we simply cant get enough of.
- Cattle Decapitation- The Anthropocene Extinction
- Vehemence- Forward Without Motion
- Cryptopsy – The Book Of Suffering Tome 1
- The Black Dahlia Murder – Abysmal
- Pronostic – An Atomic Decision
- WRVTH – Self Titled
- Iron Maiden- The Book Of Souls
- Napalm Death- Apex Predator
- Skinless- Only The Ruthless Remain
- High on Fire- Luminiferous
- Baroness- Purple
- Antlion-The Prescient
- Alterius- Voyager
- Fulgora- Stratagem
- Hate Eternal- Infernus
- Jungle Rot- Order Shall Prevail
- Lamb Of God- VII Sturm Und Drang
- Fit For An Autopsy- Absolute Hope, Absolute Hell
- Born of Osiris- Soul Sphere
- Vattnet Viskar- Settler
- Horrendous- Anareta
- Solium Fatalis- The Undying Season
- Unleashed- Dawn of the Nine
- Parius- Saturnine
- Punching Moses- Humanity Pandemic
While 2015 has given us so many more albums, we like to keep it short and to the point. If we went beyond and tackled the 100+ releases many of you would not stick around for the other notable releases on the list.
Feel free to comment with other albums you feel deserve to have made the list, and also it looks as though 2016 will have plenty of great metal coming also. Big releases coming from bands like Pig Destroyer, Alterius, Sevenday Curse, Solium Fatalis and many others. \m/
Thank you for following us on Facebook, Twitter and by subscribing to our emails. 2015 was a great year for us, and we couldn’t have done it without, the metal heads out there, the fans, the bands, the P.R. agencies and all the people who helped the bands release their music, and play local shows as well as tour.
Here’s to 2015 and all of its greatness, on to 2016, NOW LETS SEE THOSE HORNS \m/